History: Cherry Capital Cab opened for business on November 9, 2007. We acquired the phone number of 941-TAXI after the defunct T.C. Cab relinquished it. Most of our well-maintained 25-vehicle fleet of both minivans and sedans was owned by the drivers themselves assuring you of a driver with a vested interest in your safe and reliable transportation. Unfortunately, we closed on 6/15/19.
Created 6/28/2019. Modified 09/05/2019.
© 2019 Cherry Capital Cab, LLC
- We are proud to have provided transportation for the prototype rehabilitation program of SaveAVet (Feb./09.)
- On past presidential election days, we have provided free rides to the polls for those voters who had no way to get out to vote. One passenger, an 84 year old woman, had never missed a presidential election in her entire adult life but had resigned herself to not voting in 2008 because she had no ride. Our driver Dan, who personally donated his entire day for this worthwhile cause, was able to get her to the polls to vote.
- For two weeks each fall, in recognition of national Homeless Week, we offer a 50¢ cab fare discount for every canned good donated to the Goodwill Inn Homeless Shelter which helps them meet the needs of the homeless and hungry in the Traverse City area.
- We are members of the Traverse City Area Chamber of Commerce, Power Leads
- As part of the national Pink Ride program, we painted a cab pink in 2010 to promote awareness of breast cancer. The drivers pitched in to donate $1 from every ride in the pink cab to our local hospital's Mammography Assistance Fund.